Thu, 20 May, 2021
10 AM to 16 PM
The Inclusive maker education Event scheduled for May 20th 2021 is an opportunity to share the outputs and results of Makerspace 4 Inclusion with representatives of educational institutions, youth centres, instructional environments, NGOs, youth practitioners, individuals affiliated to local maker communities, and local policy makers. The Event also creates a platform to discuss and exchange about inclusion and maker education. Together we set the Multiplier Effect of the project in motion!
The event will take place on ZOOM and everyone is welcome to join. There will be practical workshops and debate sessions organized by the team, which will touch upon the deliverables produced by the international consortium as well as our experience relating to maker education and inclusion of young people. Besides the contributions by the Makerspace 4 Inclusion team, we expect to host 6 invited speakers for panel discussions.
See below for the full programme of the event.
Welcome and introduction to the Inclusive Maker Education Event
10:00 – 10:10: Welcome by Laure-Anne Vermaercke, Timelab
10:10 – 10:30: What is Makerspace 4 Inclusion? by Òscar Martínez, Trànsit Projectes
10:30 – 10:35: Welcome by Mauro Desira, Erasmus+
10:35 – 11:00: Presenting the partners
- Evi Swinnen, Timelab
- Òscar Martínez, Trànsit Projectes
- Federico Gargiulo, Horizon Lab
- Chloe Souter, Digijeunes
- Florin Cobuz, Nod Makerspace
11:00 – 11:15: Overview of the programme and technicalities
11:15 – 11:30: COFFEE BREAK
Parallel workshops around the outputs of the project
11:30 – 12:15: Parallel workshops in Spanish, Romanian, French and Italian
- Workshop 1: Methodology for educational maker activities, Trànsit Projectes (Spanish)
- Workshop 2: Jumpstarting makerspace-like environments, NOD Makerspace (Romanian)
- Workshop 3: Tools for recognition and validation of learning outcomes acquired in a makerspace-like environment, Digijeunes (French)
Workshop 4: Open source hardware and software for maker education, Horizon Lab (Italian)
12:15 – 13:00: Parallel workshops in English
- Workshop 1: Methodology for educational maker activities, Trànsit Projectes
- Workshop 2: Jumpstarting makerspace-like environments, Nod Makerspace
- Workshop 3: Tools for recognition and validation of learning outcomes acquired in a makerspace-like environment, Digijeunes
- Workshop 4: Open source hardware and software for maker education, Horizon Lab
13:00 – 14:00: LUNCH BREAK
Recap and panel discussion around inclusive maker education
14:00 – 14:10: Recap of the parallel workshops
14:10 – 14:50: Panel discussion around inclusive maker education (panelists TBA)
14:50 – 15:30: Panel discussion around inclusive maker education (panelists TBA)
15:30 – 16:00: Closing remarks
3nd PARTNER MEETING
The Makerspace4Inclusion team met in Bucharest, Romania. The meeting took place at NOD Makerspace, which was a great opportunity for the partners to visit the space and better understand the maker community of Bucharest. Over the course of two days, the partners confirmed the project timeline, reviewed the project results and planned for upcoming activities at local level and online.
The project team formally welcomed some new members, notably Louis Tardy and Jeffrey Thielens from TimeLab.
2nd PARTNER MEETING
Date: Oct 2019
Date: March 2019